2007 - 2018 Jeep JK Kicker Hideaway Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
Please follow these installation tips when you're ready to install your new Kicker Hideaway Powered Subwoofer into your 2007-2018 Jeep JK.
These tips are intended to be used in conjunction with our full installation video below:
2007- 2018 Jeep JK Wrangler
1. Remove Head Unit-
- As shown in the video, remove necessary dashboard sections in order to slide the aftermarket head unit from the Jeeps dashboard.
2. Remove Bracket Under Seat-
- Not all Jeeps will have the bracket, however if yours does, it will need to be removed for the Hideaway to slide under the seat properly.
- As shown in the video, you will need to cut the zip tie holding the wire in place, then remove the (2) T27 screws holding the bracket in place.
3. Prep and Slide-
- Prep the Hideaway with provided Velcro strips.
- Slide under the passenger from the rear with controls facing forwards.
4. Connecting Wire Harness-
- Remove glove box- Press both sides of the glove box and lower towards you.
- Lift carpeting from the front of the footwell to expose half of the area.
- Feed the wire harness along with the remote bass control wire, down through the glove box and run the harness along the center console.
- Connect the main wire harness and boost control wire to the front of the Hideaway sub.
- Feed the wire harness down, in between the passenger seat railing and the center console.
- GROUND- You will need to pull the ground wire completely through to the right side of the seat mount. The ground wire will run along the right side of the footwell, tucked underneath the sill trim to reach Jeeps main ground bolt on the right side of the footwell.
- Remove side dash panel-
- Using trim pry tool, remove plastic trim piece to expose the firewall hole.
- Using fish tape, feed the power wire through the firewall hole to reach the battery terminal.
- Using the pre-terminated in line fuse wire, connect the male and female bullet connectors.
5. Connecting To the Head Unit-
- Run blue wire up from the glove box cavity into the back of the head unit- We’ll attach the male bullet connector to our harness; you will need to attach the provided female bullet connector to your aftermarket head units “Amp On” wire.
- Run RCA connection up from the glove box cavity into the back of the head unit- Attach subwoofer RCA into head units sub out RCA.
- Run boost controller wire up from glove box cavity and over to the driver’s side- Using a fish tape, feed the connector down to where your controller will be mounted.
- Mount control knob in your desired location and connect wire.
6. Attach Ground Wire-
- Run and tuck the ground wire along the right side of the passenger foot well to reach the Jeeps main ground bolt to attach the pre-terminated ground connection to.
7. Button Up Wire Management-
- The installation is now complete, you can zip tie the slack wires behind the glove box, reinstall the glove box, reinstall the carpeting, and reinstall the dashboard side plastic trim.